Reminder – November 1st is on Monday, please sign your child up for November’s lunches. If your child brings a lunchbox, the “lunchbox” option needs to be selected.
Montessoire 2022 – PTO’s annual fundraising dinner.
- The event will take place February 26, 2022.
- We are getting ready to start planning and we are looking for volunteers.
- If you are interested in helping plan the event, email Amanda Schmitt, PTO President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer kick-off meeting will be later this month.
Things to look for in November –
Book Fair – In person at the school!
- Wednesday, Nov 3rd – Wednesday, Nov 10th
- Book fair hours 11:45-12:15 & 3:00-5:00
- Or shop online scholastic.com/bf/montessoriacademy1
Day of the Dead Celebration – Come celebrate with us!
- Saturday, November 6th from 2-6 PM
- West Branch Library Grounds – see flyer for more information
- Volunteers can sign up with the following link https://dayofthedead2019.ivolunteer.com/dotd2021
Fall Clean Up – Send Kristi an email if you would like to volunteer
- Saturday, Nov 13th
- 8:00-11:00 at Montessori
Thursday, November 11th and Friday, November 12th are Daycare Days –
No School Thursday, November 11th in observance of Veteran’s Day.
No School Friday, November 12th – All classes Parent/Teacher conferences. Look for an email from your child’s teacher regarding how to sign up.
- There will be no school on conference day.
- Daycare day for students who have AM and/or PM care in their program.
- Reminder – there will be no car lines for drop offs or pick ups on daycare days.
Azzip Pizza fundraiser – Remember to scan Montessori’s code each time you visit Azzip Pizza from now until the end of November!
- We have raised over $60.00 during September 1-30. Thank you!
- Montessori will receive 5% of each visit, with opportunities for an increased giveback on certain promotional days.
- Scannable key tags are available in the front office.
- Flyer with code is attached.
After School Pickups:
Because of our Covid protocols, each PM care group has a limited amount of time to stretch their legs, run around, and enjoy their fantasy games before their time is up. After you pick up your child, please do not linger by the playground and allow your child to interact with the children playing. We recommend a quick wave goodbye so the PM care children can continue playing.
Families w/o AM Care must use the car line when dropping their child off at school.
PM care pick ups – Please supervise children on the front lawn after PM Care pick up.
- Children should not play in the landscaped areas.
- Adults and children aged 3 and older must wear their face mask when entering the building.
Sunscreens, lotions, creams, over the counter medicine, chap stick, prescription medicine –
Normally, parents would fill out a form at the front desk and leave the item there, but now that’s not possible. The new protocol will be to send us an email before you drop off in the AM. Then, hand the item off to the staff person upon dropping off or put in your child’s bag; we’ll get it out before school starts. Sarah and Kristi typically read their email before 8:30 drop off or immediately after.
The email needs to tell us:
- Name of item
- How much to use
- What time to give or apply
- If it needs to return home each day (ie) prescription medicine.
For example: Sunscreen, apply to face/arms/legs before going outside. Or, chapstick, use as needed.
Ideally you would send the email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and the child’s teacher. This will ensure it’s retrieved ASAP.
Extra Masks – Are for the emergency that may happen here at school-a very productive sneeze. If you want your child to or your child needs to switch out during the day, leave an additional mask in their bag.
Covid Reminder – If someone in your child’s household is scheduled for/waiting on a Covid test or experiencing Covid symptoms, do not send your child to school until you receive the results.
If your child is vomiting and/or has diarrhea, they must stay home for 72 hours since their last symptom; even if this happens over the weekend.