PTO Meeting tomorrow Wednesday, November 17th –
- Transition to Traditional School.
- Why Montessori Kindergarten or What You Want to Know About the Montessori Elementary Class.
The meeting consists of two parts. Come for one or both!
Part I – 6:00-6:30 Transition to Traditional School.
A panel of past families talk about their transition and what they want you to know.
Part II – 6:35-7:05 Why Montessori Kindergarten or What you want to know about the Montessori Elementary Class. You would attend one or the other.
Fall Clean Up Make up Day is this Saturday, November 20th. Send Kristi an email if you would like to volunteer.
We’d be happy to have you for all or just part of the time. We’ll be raking, trimming, sweeping, pulling weeds, etc. Please bring any tools you think appropriate and gloves.
- Saturday, Nov 20th
- 8:00-11:00 at Montessori
- Adults only activity
Text Alert System – If you did not receive the text alert on the evening of Friday, November 12th, announcing the cancelation of Fall Clean Up, please contact the office so we can send you the directions to sign up for the text alert system.
Thanksgiving Break will be from Wednesday, Nov. 24th through Friday, Nov. 26th.
- Children with AM and/or PM care in their program may attend their regular hours on Wednesday, November 24th for daycare activities. Reminder – there will be no car lines for drop offs or pickups.
- The building will not be open for school or daycare Thursday, November 25th or Friday, November 26th.
Montessoire 2022 – PTO’s annual fundraising dinner.
- The event will take place February 26, 2022.
- We are getting ready to start planning and we are looking for volunteers.
- If you are interested in helping plan the event, email Amanda Schmitt, PTO President, at email@example.com.
- Volunteer kick-off meeting will be later this month.
Azzip Pizza fundraiser – Remember to scan Montessori’s code each time you visit Azzip Pizza from now until the end of November!
- We have raised $137.00 from September 1st-October 31st. Thank you!
- Montessori will receive 5% of each visit, with opportunities for an increased giveback on certain promotional days. Visit November 22nd – 30th for 20% giveback days!
- Scannable key tags are available in the front office.
- Flyer with code is attached.
Families w/o AM Care must use the car line when dropping their child off at school.
PM care pick ups – Please supervise children on the front lawn after PM Care pick up.
- Children should not play in the landscaped areas.
- Adults and children aged 3 and older must wear their face mask when entering the building.
Sunscreens, lotions, creams, over the counter medicine, chap stick, prescription medicine –
Normally, parents would fill out a form at the front desk and leave the item there, but now that’s not possible. The new protocol will be to send us an email before you drop off in the AM. Then, hand the item off to the staff person upon dropping off or put in your child’s bag; we’ll get it out before school starts. Sarah and Kristi typically read their email before 8:30 drop off or immediately after.
The email needs to tell us:
- Name of item
- How much to use
- What time to give or apply
- If it needs to return home each day (ie) prescription medicine.
For example: Sunscreen, apply to face/arms/legs before going outside. Or, chapstick, use as needed.
Ideally you would send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and the child’s teacher. This will ensure it’s retrieved ASAP.
Extra Masks – Are for the emergency that may happen here at school-a very productive sneeze. If you want your child to or your child needs to switch out during the day, leave an additional mask in their bag.
Covid Reminder – If someone in your child’s household is scheduled for/waiting on a Covid test or experiencing Covid symptoms, do not send your child to school until you receive the results.
If your child is vomiting and/or has diarrhea, they must stay home for 72 hours since their last symptom; even if this happens over the weekend.