Fall Clean Up – Thank you to the following volunteers who were able to spend the morning at Montessori:
Tyler Zimmermann Kerwyn Martin Brad Gant
Jimmy Traub Sabrina Williams Jeremy Overton
Peter Knoll Candice Carter Josh Tucker
Solomon Boyce Jennifer Barchet Tuula Dowell
Thanksgiving Break begins tomorrow Wednesday, Nov. 24th and lasts through Friday, Nov. 26th.
- Children with AM and/or PM care in their program may attend their regular hours on Wednesday, November 24th for daycare activities. Reminder – there will be no car lines for drop offs or pickups.
- The building will not be open for school or daycare Thursday, November 25th or Friday, November 26th.
Teacher Wish Lists – If you are looking for an idea for your child’s teacher, here are links to their Wish List:
Ms. April’s Wish List: https://www.myregistry.com/giftlist/msaprilsclass
Ms. Corie’s Wish List: https://www.myregistry.com/wishlist/ms-corie-s-class-evansville-in/3095743
Mrs. Corn’s Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/36UCJ0KF0LVEA/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex
Mrs. Theriac’s Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/CGFZRMT3JDJR?ref_=wl_share
Montessoiree 2022 – PTO’s annual fundraising dinner.
- The event will take place February 26, 2022 at the DoubleTree in downtown Evansville.
- Dinner, silent and live auction.
- If you are interested in helping plan the event, email Amanda Schmitt, PTO President, at email@example.com.
Montessoiree 2022 Wishlist: Holiday shopping coming up!! The PTO is preparing for our annual Montessoiree. A big part of the event is our popular silent auction, which includes a variety of fun baskets and packages of items donated by individuals and businesses.
If you would like to sponsor a donation, the donations committee has prepared a wish list on Amazon of items for the silent auction. If you order from the wish list, you can have the item shipped directly to Montessori. (Be sure to request a gift receipt so we know who donated the item.) If you have an idea for something that is not on this list – we’ll take it! We love creativity and help of any kind!
Megan Knoll is heading the donations committee. Please feel free to reach out to her directly with any questions. Cell: 812-455-1545 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azzip Pizza fundraiser – Remember to scan Montessori’s code each time you visit Azzip Pizza from now until the end of November!
- We have raised $137.00 from September 1st-October 31st. Thank you!
- Montessori will receive 5% of each visit, with opportunities for an increased giveback on certain promotional days. Visit November 22nd – 30th for 20% giveback days!
- Scannable key tags are available in the front office.
- Flyer with code is attached.
Families w/o AM Care must use the car line when dropping their child off at school.
PM care pick ups – Please supervise children on the front lawn after PM Care pick up.
- Children should not play in the landscaped areas.
- Adults and children aged 3 and older must wear their face mask when entering the building.
Sunscreens, lotions, creams, over the counter medicine, chap stick, prescription medicine –
Normally, parents would fill out a form at the front desk and leave the item there, but now that’s not possible. The new protocol will be to send us an email before you drop off in the AM. Then, hand the item off to the staff person upon dropping off or put in your child’s bag; we’ll get it out before school starts. Sarah and Kristi typically read their email before 8:30 drop off or immediately after.
The email needs to tell us:
- Name of item
- How much to use
- What time to give or apply
- If it needs to return home each day (ie) prescription medicine
For example: Sunscreen, apply to face/arms/legs before going outside. Or, chapstick, use as needed.
Ideally you would send the email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and the child’s teacher. This will ensure it’s retrieved ASAP.
Extra Masks – Are for the emergency that may happen here at school-a very productive sneeze. If you want your child to or your child needs to switch out during the day, leave an additional mask in their bag.
Covid Reminder – If someone in your child’s household is scheduled for/waiting on a Covid test or experiencing Covid symptoms, do not send your child to school until you receive the results.
If your child is vomiting and/or has diarrhea, they must stay home for 72 hours since their last symptom; even if this happens over the weekend.