After School Pickups:
Because of our Covid protocols, each PM care group has a limited amount of time to stretch their legs, run around, and enjoy their fantasy games before their time is up. After you pick up your child, please do not linger by the playground and allow your child to interact with the children playing. We recommend a quick wave goodbye so the PM care children can continue playing.
Preprimary Field Trip – Parent volunteers are not needed. Students should wear their Montessori t-shirt and shoes with a closed back. No sandals or flip flops.
Thursday, October 14th – Mrs. Corn, Ms. Lori and Ms. April’s classes.
Friday, October 15th – Ms. Corie and Mrs. Theriac’s classes.
- Car line at 8:00 AM ONLY for families whose children are attending the field trip that day.
- Children going on the field trip need to be in the building no later than 8:15 AM.
- Siblings can be dropped off at the same time.
- 8:20 car line for children not going on the Field Trip.
Monday, October 18th is a Daycare Day –
- There will be No School.
- Children who attend 8:30-2:45 will not come for daycare days.
- If your child has AM and/or PM care in their program, they may attend their regular hours for daycare activities. Reminder – There will be no car lines for drop offs or pickups on daycare days.
- If your child is not attending on a daycare day please remember to select “No Lunch” on EZ School so that you are not charged for a lunch that day.
The October 22nd PTO Costume Party has been cancelled due to CMoe not scheduling events at this time.
School Pictures – Forms went home today in your child’s bag.
- Forms are due back before or on your child’s picture day.
- Make-up photos will be on these days only:
Tuesday, October 26th – Mrs. Corn and Mrs. Theriac
Wednesday, October 27th – Ms. Corie and Ms. Lori
Thursday, October 28th – Ms. April and Mr. R
Azzip Pizza fundraiser – Remember to scan Montessori’s code each time you visit Azzip Pizza from now until the end of November!
- We have raised over $60.00 during September 1-30. Thank you!
- Montessori will receive 5% of each visit, with opportunities for an increased giveback on certain promotional days.
- Scannable key tags are available in the front office.
- Flyer with code is attached.
- Streak Week begins October 11-15. Flyer w/code is attached.
Families w/o AM Care must use the car line when dropping their child off at school.
PM care pick ups – Please supervise children on the front lawn after PM Care pick up.
- Children should not play in the landscaped areas.
- Adults and children aged 3 and older must wear their face mask when entering the building.
Montessori Borrowed Clothes – Please remember to return washed Montessori borrowed clothing in a timely manner.
Sunscreens, lotions, creams, over the counter medicine, chap stick, prescription medicine –
Normally, parents would fill out a form at the front desk and leave the item there, but now that’s not possible. The new protocol will be to send us an email before you drop off in the AM. Then, hand the item off to the staff person upon dropping off or put in your child’s bag; we’ll get it out before school starts. Sarah and Kristi typically read their email before 8:30 drop off or immediately after.
The email needs to tell us:
- Name of item
- How much to use
- What time to give or apply
- If it needs to return home each day (ie) prescription medicine.
For example: Sunscreen, apply to face/arms/legs before going outside. Or, chapstick, use as needed.
Ideally you would send the email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and the child’s teacher. This will ensure it’s retrieved ASAP.
Extra Masks – Are for the emergency that may happen here at school-a very productive sneeze. If you want your child to or your child needs to switch out during the day, leave an additional mask in their bag.
Covid Reminder – If someone in your child’s household is scheduled for/waiting on a Covid test or experiencing Covid symptoms, do not send your child to school until you receive the results.
If your child is vomiting and/or has diarrhea, they must stay home for 72 hours since their last symptom; even if this happens over the weekend.