Montessori Borrowed Clothes – Please remember to return washed Montessori borrowed clothing in a timely manner.
Winter Weather Policy:
Delays – We are not bus dependent and do not have delays. School will start at the regular time, regardless of what time other schools start their day. Parents, of course, should determine their own level of comfort when driving and may drop off later if the need arises.
Early Closings – We are not bus dependent and as a rule we do not close early. Parents, of course, should determine their own level of comfort when driving and may pick up early if the need arises. The exception for closing early would be if very extreme/dangerous weather or road conditions developed. If this should occur, we will contact each family by text alert, phone or email.
Partial School Closure – Without extreme weather conditions you may bring your child for a daycare day if you have AM and/or PM care in your child’s program. Montessori Academy’s main communication will be sending out a text alert and may post “No School. Open for daycare.” announcements on the local television station 7 WEHT or Tristatehomepage.com
Whole School Closure – If travel warnings/watches are declared in Vanderburgh and/or Warrick County due to very extreme/dangerous weather, Montessori Academy will be closed and will not have school or daycare. The school’s main communication will be sending out a text alert and email.
If a state-of-emergency is declared in Vanderburgh and/or Warrick County Montessori Academy will be closed and will not have school or daycare.
Snow Make-up Days – We do not have snow make-up days.
Things to look for in February –
Valentine Cards Guidelines/Reminder – We’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, February 14th.
- R’s class has a different set of guidelines. Please check his blog for details.
- If the cards come with a sticker, tattoo or pencil that is fine, but please do not send any type of candy or additional items for the class.
- A card needs to be sent for each student in the class.
(Ms. April 18, Ms. Corie 21, Mrs. Corn 19, Ms. Lori 23, Mrs. Theriac 21).
- Your child’s name should be written in the “From” place, but do not address them to individual students.
- Send an email to your child’s teacher or to the office when sending cards in with your child. Feel free to send them in early.
No School Monday, February 20th 2023. Students who have AM and/or PM care in their program may attend their regular hours for daycare activities. Reminder – there will be no car lines for drop offs or pickups on daycare days.
Montessoirée 2023 – PTO’s Annual Fundraiser
- The event will take place Saturday, February 25th 2023 at 5:30 PM.
- Venue 812 – 1401 N. Boeke Rd. Evansville, IN 47711.
- Dinner, dancing, silent & live auction.
- Tickets can be purchased here: http://bidpal.net/montessoiree2023
If you or your business would like to help sponsor the event, it is not too late! Email the PTO at email@example.com
If your child has a fever, is vomiting and/or has diarrhea, they must stay home for 48 hours from their last symptom; even if this happened over the weekend.